Donkey republic is a bike sharing system in Amsterdam, The Hague, Dordrecht and Rotterdam.
Activating and using the Donkey republic bike sharing system
Donkey republic is a Self Service service. Do you have an NS Go link address? Then you can create a Donkey republic account and link it to your NS Go.
- Activate the Donkey republic Self Service service in NS Go.
- Download the Donkey republic app.
- Create an Donkey republic account in the app with your NS Go link address.
- Use the service as a normal service.
Where and how do I reserve a Donkey republic bike?
You reserve a bike through the Donkey republic app.
- Open the Donkey republic app.
- Choose a pick-up location near you.
- Choose your bike.
- Unlock the bike in the app.
- You are ready to ride.
You can rent and use the Donkey republic bike in Amsterdam, The Hague, Dordrecht and Rotterdam. You can rent the bike as long and as often as you want.
How do I end a Donkey ride?
Do you no longer need the bike? Then you return the bike to a hub.
- Search the app for a hub near you.
- Return the bike.
- Lock the bike in the app.
- End the rental through the app.
- The costs will be processed in 'Registrations'.
Note: you cannot end your ride in another city or outside the service area.
On the Donkey republic website you can find more information about the bike sharing, how it works and what it costs.